14 September, 2021
Digital health technologies are here to stay…
As a result of the Covid pandemic, the use of virtual care and telemedicine has been established as a major component of delivering care. But now that we are beyond the crisis, are we seeing a fundamental shift in healthcare delivery?
This won’t happen without the key enabler of digital healthcare being in place: Electronic Health Records (EHRs). Vital for the delivery of integrated care and creating a truly joined up healthcare service, EHRs are still not used on a widespread basis throughout the Irish healthcare system. The potential benefits of EHRs are substantial; from ensuring the safe and effective treatment of a patient receiving emergency care to supporting information sharing, patient empowerment and the development of digital services. As far back as 2009, HIQA identified their absence as the single most important deficiency in the health information infrastructure in Ireland. So, what are the obstacles in implementing this vital digital infrastructure?
Digital activities bring a lot of benefits, but also a lot of risks. The recent ransomware attack on the HSE will only heighten patients’ concerns about privacy and data security. As digital health services expand, patients will be increasingly concerned that the very sensitive information held by the health service is really secure. The rapid growth in the use of digital technology during the pandemic has pushed the issue even higher up the agenda for policymakers, practitioners and regulators.
These are some of the major themes we’ll be exploring at The Business Post’s 2nd annual virtual Smart Health Summit.
- The path towards Electronic Health Records: Building the foundations for Ireland’s digital health and care system
- Challenges for eHealth: Reflections from a range of stakeholders on how we leave the paper trail behind and embrace the benefits of EHRs
- How interoperability improves healthcare delivery and patient experience
- Building trustworthy health data ecosystems
- Digital health’s cybersecurityimperative: Keeping patient date safe
- Building a cyber resilient culture: Collaborative approaches to building a culture of security and compliance
- Digital health innovators: Connecting devices, diagnostics and digital health technologies to the healthcare system
- AI in health: Use-cases and trustworthiness
- Insights on commercialising digital health technologies
- Mainstreaming virtual care: Moving from pandemic response to a permanent delivery model
- Case studiesfrom home and overseas
Who will attend?
- Digital healthcare leaders and decision-makers
- Decision-makers in health and care management and delivery
- Clinicians, GPs, practice managers and hospital managers
- Healthcare service providers
- Health technology solution providers
- Legal advisors
Feedback from attendees at our most recent virtual healthcare events:
“Very engaging content, thank you for making the summit accessible virtually”
“Liked the panel discussions and the ability to easily reach out to fellow attendees”
“Easy well run platform and format”
“Really detailed and insightful discussions”
“…did not miss the face-to-face interaction as much as I thought I would…”
The Virtual Summit
To adapt to the current environment and the growing demand for delegates to enjoy the conference experience in an online manner, the Smart Health Summit 2021 will come to you as a virtual event.
While our delegates will join in from the comfort of their homes and offices across Ireland and around the world, the event itself will be broadcast live from our dedicated studio in Dublin. Many of our speakers and panellists will appear live on stage, while our international keynotes and participants will be video-conferenced in to join the conversation.
Delegates will have the opportunity to step into the unique virtual summit environment, which includes access to the main virtual conference stage for the full day, live speaker & panel Q&A sessions, a virtual exhibition hall, copies of presentations & content post-event, as well as the opportunity to network, connect and chat with fellow online attendees, speakers and partners in real time.
Virtual attendance will be easily facilitated by our specially customised conferencing platform and dedicated production, AV and technical teams.
Benefits of virtual attendance include:
- Access to Virtual Main Stage for all keynotes, presentations and debates
- Q&A Sessions with our speakers
- Video content of the latest Smart Health technology
- Opportunities to meet 100’s of attendees virtually, and set up meetings and conversations
- Online virtual exhibition hall
- Meet the industry using our matchmaking and profiling facilities
- Copy of attendee list post-event
- Copy of all presentations post-event
- Ability to watch all content back on demand post-event
Our Tickets and Pricing
The discounted pre-launch ticket price must end on 1st August
Full Smart Health Summit ticket price is €195 + vat
Group Discount Offers
- Book 4 tickets and only pay for 3
- Book 6 tickets and only pay for 4
- Book 8 tickets and only pay for 5
- Book 10 tickets and only pay for 6
Early Bird Ticket
- Plus VAT
- Full access to the Smart Health Summit Main Stage; including presentations, panel discussions and in-depth case studies from industry leaders including digital healthcare innovators, policy-makers, clinicians, regulators, practice managers and health technology solution providers
- Discover the latest developments, opportunities & strategies in digital healthcare & Smart Health technology from home or anywhere in the world!
- Online networking opportunities where you can forge new relationships and strengthen business connections using our matchmaking and profiling facilities
- Opportunities for live Q&A sessions with our speakers
- Virtual Exhibition Hall
- Access to registered attendee list
- Access to all presentations post-event and online content
Our valued partners for our 2021 event:
This summit is organised by Business Post LIVE. If you have any questions, requests, or require assistance with your booking, please feel free to contact me: