22 October, 2020
Out of every crisis, new opportunities arise…
Much of the current focus in healthcare is rightly on the near-term challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. But beyond the current crisis, are we seeing a fundamental shift in healthcare delivery? Could the major changes we’ve seen in the fight against the pandemic promise to become permanent realities — from the sudden boom in telemedicine, to regulatory shifts impacting healthcare billing, to the use of location data to track disease.
- What are the long-term implications for health and care services, clinicians, patients, start-ups and health technology?
- Is now the time for healthcare organisations to intensify their focus on strategic planning for a digital future and prepare to launch new initiatives once the crisis passes?
- Where and how can digital technologies, devices and apps, and the data they produce, have the most meaningful impact?
- How can they be evaluated to assess their effectiveness in terms of cost savings and enhanced patient experience and outcomes?
- To what extent can innovation promote wellness and reduce the burden on services?
The Business Post’s inaugural Smart Health Summit will answer these questions and many more as we explore ways to implement digital transformation and improve the impact of innovation. You will hear in-depth case studies of real digital projects taking place in the Irish health and care system. We will discuss the constraints and opportunities and consider how patients, clinicians, hospitals, pharma companies, health insurers, innovators, investors and regulators can work together to ensure that technology can meet the evolving needs of patients and sustain high-value integrated care.
Topics will include:
- Has Covid-19 created the conditions for an enduring step-change in Ireland’s digital health transformation?
- Turning to technology in the fight against Covid-19: Ireland’s experience
- Preparing the healthcare workforce to deliver the digital future
- The patient’s digital pathway: Now it’s personal
- Looking at digital differently: The challenges of regulating digital health and striking the balance between innovation and regulation
- Innovation spotlight: Innovators and trailblazers at the cutting edge of health transformation showcase their tech solutions and discuss their plans for market adoption and integration
- International case study: Germany’s Digital Care Act: A game changer?
Who will attend?
- Digital healthcare leaders and decision-makers
- Decision-makers in health and care management and delivery
- Clinicians, GPs and practice managers
- Healthcare service providers
- Health technology solution providers
Testimonials from our last Health Summit in Feb 2020:
“…Really thought-provoking day” Dr. Nóirín Russell, Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Cork University Maternity Hospital
“Fascinating presentatations in the technology stream. So much potential!” Conor Leonard, Interim CEO, Royal Hospital Donnybrook
“Delighted to be attending the Irish Health Summit in Dublin. Interesting insights from a variety of healthcare providers speaking on the necessity of integrated health systems…” Laura Hamilton, CEO North America, HealthBeacon
“It’s a packed room for the plenary session at the Health Summit here in Croke Park. Fascinating discussion on the transformation journey of the HSE…” The Procurement Transformation Institute
The Virtual Summit
To adapt to the current environment and the growing demand for delegates to enjoy the conference experience in an online manner, the Smart Health Summit 2020 will come to you as a first of its kind virtual event.
While our delegates will join in from the comfort of their homes and offices across Ireland and around the world, the event itself will be broadcast live from our dedicated studio in Dublin. Many of our speakers and panellists will appear live on stage, while our international keynotes and participants will be video-conferenced in to join the conversation.
Delegates will have the opportunity to step into the unique virtual summit environment, which includes access to the main virtual conference stage for the full day, live speaker & panel Q&A sessions, a virtual exhibition hall, copies of presentations & content post-event, as well as the opportunity to network, connect and chat with fellow online attendees, speakers and partners in real time.
The Virtual Summit Experience:
Virtual attendance will be easily facilitated by our specially customised conferencing platform and dedicated AV team.
Benefits of virtual attendance include:
- Access to Virtual Main Stage for all keynotes, presentations and debates
- Q&A Sessions with our speakers
- Video content of the latest Smart Health technology
- Opportunities to meet 100’s of attendees virtually, and set up meetings and conversations
- Online virtual exhibition hall
- Meet the industry using our matchmaking and profiling facilities
- Copy of attendee list post-event
- Copy of all presentations post-event
The discounted early bird ticket price must end on 1st September
Full Virtual Summit ticket price is €195 + vat
Group Discount Offers
- Book 4 tickets and only pay for 3
- Book 6 tickets and only pay for 4
- Book 8 tickets and only pay for 5
- Book 10 tickets and only pay for 6
Virtual Summit Ticket
- Plus VAT
- Full access to the Smart Health Summit Main Stage; including presentations, panel discussions and in-depth case studies from industry leaders including digital healthcare innovators, policy-makers, clinicians, regulators, practice managers and health technology solution providers
- Discover the latest developments, opportunities & strategies in digital healthcare & Smart Health technology from home or anywhere in the world!
- Online networking opportunities where you can forge new relationships and strengthen business connections using our matchmaking and profiling facilities
- Opportunities for live Q&A sessions with our speakers
- Virtual Exhibition Hall
- Access to registered attendee list
- Access to all presentations post-event and online content
This summit is organised by Business Post LIVE. If you have any questions, requests, or require assistance with your booking, please feel free to contact me: